Thursday, October 13, 2011

Curiosity in the Classroom


I just participated in a webinar for Curiosity in the classroom. The event was called "Will Robots Take Over: Out-think, Out-wit, Out-perform". There are tons of curiosity quizzes for the kids to take and I have no shame in saying that I took quite a few of them. I was going to take one just to get a feel for the quizzes and see if I would actually recommend them to teachers. Then I kept going and could kick myself for the quarter hour I spent taking quizzes! The resources provided are awesome and best of all free!!!

I love the part on Curiosityintheclassroom.com is the feature on career clips. So many kids do not even realize what fields are out there and this is a great way to open their mind up to the idea of being a Materials Engineer for example.

I think my favorite part of the webinar was the fact that hundreds of students across the country worked all together to design a robot together online via the museum of science.

No comments:

Post a Comment